Housing Development Performance Information - HDPI
Providing strategic oversight, helping better manage projects, and easing workloads:
Housing Development Performance Information
For Housing Development (HD) teams, a lack of time and ever increasing demands are creating pressures on workloads and the ability to carry out and deliver new development projects. This is combined with ongoing pressures to effectively control, measure, report and continually improve performance, which is the norm in social housing and the current economic climate.
In order to address HD teams' needs and to help them better manage the development process, Housingnet Software has created Housing Development Performance Information (HDPI). The software has been designed by development practitioners, in order to provide control and structures to help better manage programmes of work, evidence development performance, and reduce organisational risk when delivering new homes. HDPI does this through:
- Proactive reporting and advance system notifications which allows HD teams to anticipate and address key areas before problems happen
- Creating a clear framework for performance management which creates understandable, rigorous measures based upon organisational priorities and tolerances
- Bringing all key information into one system thereby allowing easy tracking and monitoring of an entire project
- Being web-based so that it can be accessed for anywhere – by either the HD team or external suppliers
- Being user friendly so that an HD team can quickly use the system to create capacity in their workloads and ease administrative burdens
HD Software Market Comparison
Because HDPI empowers HD teams to comprehensively manage the development process from beginning to end, the system has a number of unique features which differentiate it from other products in the market. While there are other software programmes, these are very limited and narrow in scope, from pre-start scheme appraisals to post-completion ‘scheme review’ reporting. Some of this unique features which set HDPI apart are:
HDPI has a number of unique features which set it apart from its market competitors including project management, benchmarking, and a request for action system. Click on the picture above for a full table showing the unique features.
- Web based system with remote working via any computer / mobile
- Automatic Request for Action system (RforA) to prevent risks and problems
- Benchmarking performance across house types and organizations
- Project and performance management information
Click to view comparison chart
Meeting the changing needs of HD teams and organisational stakeholders
To meet the needs of HD teams and other stakeholders in the development process, HDPI has been created to be a comprehensive tool which vertically links those in HD on the ground who manage programmes of work daily with those in strategic responsibility. This is best demonstrated by the different advantages the system brings to its potential users.
View actual size
HDPI enables the entire HD team to manage and measure the performance of development projects utilising a range of key performance indicators. These indicators have been chosen and set up to measure what's important, by focusing on critical issues and collecting the following key information.
HDPI focuses on the 'deliverables' of the construction process including the process itself, allowing the measures to speak for themselves and illustrate performance trends more readily for an entire organisation.
Importantly, these indicators have been chosen for the regulatory rigor for housing delivery on time, quality, cost and customer satisfaction. To this effect Housingnet Software have worked hard with HD staff to design and build a product which will empower teams to deliver the housing units required to the set timescales (time), in the right place and of the right standard (quality), at the right price people can afford (cost). This ultimately enables social landlords to focus on the most important part of providing new housing – creating homes that customers enjoy living in (Customer Satisfaction).
- Customer Satisfaction
- Cost Predictability
- Cash Flow Predictability
- Health & Safety
- Payment on Time
- Time predictability
- Qualitative Indicators
- Code for Sustainable Homes
- Housing Quality Indices
- Project Change Requests/Variation
The benefits of HDPI to HD teams and your organisations
HDPI will provide a number of benefits to developing social landlords from day one, by delivering capabilities which few if any other applications can deliver:
- Helping to deliver a higher level of Customer and Client satisfaction
- Evidencing performance to demonstrate project or programme contribution to overall business strategy, producing data to support future strategic planning.
- Increase in accuracy and timeliness of Management Information available to key stakeholders
- Prompt action through performance analysis and by the system prompts for action and/or intervention in managing delivery.
- Reducing Costs by monitoring time and cost predictability, triggering action points, reduced administration in manually collating HD KPIs.
View actual size
HDPI and the Opportunity for New Clients
The HDPI system is more than just another piece of software which promises a lot and only delivers a little. With ex-housing development staff involved, it has been designed to be user-friendly and quick to learn so that HD teams can quickly start seeing real results on the information that matters in the development process.
Because HDPI is due to be released this winter, Housingnet Software are looking for developing social landlords who would be interested in becoming the first to 'pilot' HDPI. If you would be interested in participating in the pilot, or simply would like to find out more or be kept informed of the launch date, please contact Housingnet Software at email@example.com